Last modified: April 19, 2023
The Giving Wall, LLC ("Us” or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from users of the Website (“you”) or that you may provide when you visit or interact with TheGivingWall.org (the "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website, in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website, when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, and if those applications or advertising include links to this policy. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16.
The Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information"); and information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the site.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include the information that you provide by filling in forms, inquiring about a Neighbor in Need, if you access the Partner Dashboard, or create a Supporter profile or user account, or request further services or information from us. We may also collect information about any donations you make on the Website. Neighbors in Need, Supporter and Partner Dashboard are defined on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website, information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include Google analytics, and Mailchimp for those who request to join the email newsletter.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or the Partner Dashboard, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Giving Wall, LLC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Giving Wall, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Giving Wall, LLC, our users, Supporters, Neighbors in Need, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
Partners can review and change any client-relevant information on the Partner Dashboard by logging into the admin Website. Other users of the Website may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. If you have an account, note that we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, including the Partner Dashboard, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.